1. ABOUT US
Car4.cash is a site operated by Asset purchasing Ltd (we or us). We are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 9302698 and our registered office is Cresswell Rumsey, 183 Station Lane, Hornchurch, Essex, RM12 6LL
We will make the following assumptions about your car:
- Your car has over 1 months MOT.
- Your car isn’t an import.
- Your vehicle hasn’t ever been subject to an insurance write off or used for private hire, rental, driving tuition or as a police vehicle.
- Your car hasn’t a personalised registration plate.
- Your car has no damage, including interior and mechanical.
- Your car isn’t a non-runner
- You have two sets of keys
You have the option at the price presentation page to notify us any of the above assumptions being different on your Vehicle.
Fair wear and tear:
The assumptions we have made assume that your car is in a clean condition for its age and mileage. We are assuming that there are no major mechanical faults. Damage added by you should be considered above and beyond fair wear and tear.
We appreciate that not all customers are experts in assessing the condition of their car therefore we always carry out an on-site inspection of a vehicle before we offer to buy it. If we consider that its value is affected by any aspect of its history or condition, including any unusual features, or customization, which was not apparent to us when we gave the online valuation, the price that we offer for it will differ from the online valuation.
There is no transaction fee on all cars bought by car4.cash.
We guarantee we are willing to buy every car we value. So that we don’t waste your time, if there is a change in the market value of your car resulting in a reduced valuation, then we endeavour to let you know what the new valuation is at least 24 hours before your appointment, so that you have the opportunity to cancel, if you choose to do so.
Our standard payment terms utilise Faster Payment which takes up 1 hour to arrive in your bank account. For no extra fee, we can provide you with the option of receiving payment by cash, please allow 24 hours to order this for you.
This page tells you the terms and conditions (Conditions) on which we may purchase a car (Car) from you. We do not purchase vehicles which, in our reasonable opinion, we do not consider to be cars. Please read the Conditions carefully before requesting any appointment with us to sell a Car. You should understand that by requesting an appointment with us to sell a Car, you agree to be bound by the Conditions should you wish to sell the Car to us and we agree to buy the Car.
Any valuation given through our site or by e-mail (On-line Valuation) is a valuation based upon what you tell us about the car (Car) and not a price at which we are willing to buy the Car.
We always carry out an on-site inspection of a Car before we offer to buy it. After you have received an On-line Valuation, you may book an appointment for an on-site inspection (Appointment).
If we consider that the value of a Car is affected by any aspect of its history or condition, including any unusual feature, or customisation, which was not apparent to us when we gave the online valuation, the price that we offer for it following an on-site inspection (Price) will differ from the On-line Valuation.
Once we have carried out an on-site inspection of a Car, we will offer to buy the Car for a Price.
Any offer to buy the Car may only be accepted by you, and a contract will only be made between us (Contract), if and when you sign our standard written purchase contract at the Appointment. The Contract will be subject to these terms and conditions and will not contain any other standard terms or conditions.
When a Contract is made, we will expect you to hand us:
- all copies of the Car’s keys you have;
- the Car’s registration document (together with appropriate proof of purchase if requested by us);
- the Car’s service history (if any);
- the Car’s MOT certificate (if any);
- the Car’s user manuals (if any); and
- any accessories there may be such as a locking wheel nut, radio fascia or remote controls, and to remove any personal possessions from the Car.
In the event that you fail to comply with 4.3 above, we reserve the right to withdraw any offer to buy the Car with immediate effect; and/or to rescind any Contract with immediate effect.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
Once you have handed over the Car in accordance with 4.3 above, we will pay you the Price for the Car, by electronic transfer to a bank account of your choice.
It is possible that events beyond our control may delay payment, and if that happens, we will not have any liability to you for the delay.
If we buy a Car from you, we will be relying upon your representation that:
- you are legally capable of entering into a binding contract to sell the Car;
- you are at least 18 years old; and
- to the best of your knowledge, information and belief:
- you are the sole owner of the Car;
- other than in respect of any finance outstanding on the Car which you have disclosed to us, no person has any claim to the Car;
- the mileage reading on the Car is true and accurate and the odometer has not been tampered with;
- you have disclosed to us all matters which a prudent purchaser would want to know about, such as physical defects in the Car (e.g. If it has any material mechanical problems or damage);
- all information supplied by you in respect of the Car (whether in obtaining an On-line Valuation, at any Appointment or otherwise) is true and accurate in all respects; and
- the Car is registered in the UK.
you are not (nor are you acting on behalf of anyone who is) selling the Car in the general course of business.
In the event that we discover (at any time) that any of the above representations are (or are likely to be) inaccurate, untrue or false then we reserve the right (at our sole discretion) to:
request any documentation or information we deem necessary to determine whether the above representations are untrue or false;
withdraw any offer to buy the Car with immediate effect; and/or
to rescind any Contract with immediate effect and/or (where appropriate) seek damages from you.
CARS SUBJECT TO FINANCE
We may agree to purchase the Car even though it is the subject of a Finance arrangement between you and a third party (Finance Agreement), provided that we receive a written statement of the amount required to settle the Finance Agreement in full from the third party.
We will only pay to a third party, such sum as we agree with you in writing. We will make such payment as soon as is reasonably practicable after we enter into the Contract and following receipt of any sum due from you under condition 7.3(b) below.
If the Price is:
higher than the settlement figure required to fully settle any sum outstanding under any Finance Agreement, we will pay you the difference; or
lower than the settlement figure required to fully settle any sum outstanding under any Finance Agreement, you must pay us the difference.
Subject to condition 8.3, we will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of profit, or loss of anticipated savings. However, this condition 8.1 shall not prevent claims for loss of, or damage to, your physical property which is caused by our negligence.
Subject to condition 8.3, our maximum aggregate liability to you under or in connection with any Contract with you shall not exceed the value of the Car.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability for:
- death or personal injury which we cause;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
9. LAW AND JURISDICTION
Each Contract will be governed by English law and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales unless the Appointment takes place in Scotland, in which case it will be governed by Scots law and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
10. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
11. PERMITTED USE
You are only permitted to access and use this Website for your personal, non-commercial purposes, meaning this Website may only be accessed and used directly by a private individual. Access to and use of this Website other than for your personal, non-commercial purposes is strictly prohibited.
You are not permitted to use this Website:
- In any unlawful, fraudulent or commercial manner.
- To create, check, confirm, update, modify or amend your own or another person’s databases, records or directories.
- Using any automated software, process, program, robot, web crawler, spider, data mining, trawling or other ‘screen scraping’ software, process, program or system.
You may operate a link to this Website provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, as determined by us. You must not operate a link to this Website in such a way as to suggest or imply any form of association, approval or endorsement by us. We reserve the right to require you to immediately remove any link to this Website at any time and we may withdraw any linking permission at any time.
Car4.cash has a partnership with Feefo.com Feefo is an independent review and feedback system, which car4.cash uses to monitor customer satisfaction as a way to improve our service.
If you sell a vehicle to car4.cash, you may receive an email from Feefo requesting feedback on your customer experience. Feefo will send an email to obtain feedback, and to allow us to respond to your feedback if you have raised concerns with our service. They will not use your email address for any other purpose.
Should you wish to be unsubscribed from this part of our service, please email our marketing team at email@example.com.